Higher Ground was contacted to transform the backyard area for this basement suite into a more functional and family-friendly space.
Multiple upgrades were required:
- there was no usable space for the basement suite occupants to sit outside and entertain guests;
- a safe and charming secondary access pathway was needed for the suite; and
- the lawn was suffering as the large shade tree and hedge matured. Combined with the heavy use of the sandbox play area, the area turned quickly to mud.
Higher Ground’s Solution:
Higher Ground developed a more usable and attractive outdoor area for their client by:
- creating an artistic and functional circular themed patio that connected a meandering pathway with mortared-in river rock to the front walkway;
- designing a pathway system around the sandbox that followed current usage patterns and eliminated the mud; and by
- installing low maintenance gardens along the pathway and underneath the trees to complement the charming space.
Get in touch with us to get started on your project! Contact Us!